Project Manager Position
As a member of our project management team, you will oversee all aspects of assigned projects from commencement to completion. You will manage these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures that our work adheres to all company safety policies and OSHA mandated requirements. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations for the St. Louis division and is based in our Fenton, Missouri office.
What we expect from you:
- To bring decisive, focused leadership.
- To be results driven.
- To speak up and challenge when you disagree.
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers.
- To be a Team Player
What can you expect from us:
- Every opportunity to advance in the company.
- An environment free of bureaucracy.
- A culture that encourages candid, open communication, up, down and across.
- Continued training and development.
- Recognition for achievement of goals.
- Identify bid opportunities and prepare estimates
- Prepare and schedule work in coordination with GC, Engineers and Architects.
- Effectively supervise a staff in the day to day administration of a project.
- Develop and administer project material and labor budgets.
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project.
- Maintain liaison with prime client and owners to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman to ensure project is being built on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines and under supervision.
- Attend Progress Meetings as required.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (material buyout and purchasing, progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) in order to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with the client.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by Owners.
- Manage all financial aspects of projects through ongoing job forecasting.
- Oversee pre-con meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Collaborate with prefabrication and design departments
- Set clear goals and expectations to foreman.
- Negotiate and resolve all customer concerns.
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
- Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Provide coaching/counseling to foreman.
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Must be a business-oriented person.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office programs (Excel and Word) and company estimating programs (Accubid preferred).
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to working in a team atmosphere.
We offer our team competitive pay, a generous benefits package which includes: health and dental, and a 401(k) w/employer profit sharing contribution, Paid Time Off and paid holidays. All employees must have a valid Driver’s License with good driving record, ability to pass a required drug and background screening.